Aphasia Tutor 3: Story Reading
comprehension from the short paragraph up story level.
Easiest of 4 levels.
Shown with Reading Cursor highlighting the word "Max"
Survivor reads a paragraph (or longer, up to story length) and then
answers multiple choice questions.
Reading therapy for all skill levels
- Four (4) different reading lengths (Short
paragraph up to book chapters)
- Provides therapuetic hints if survivor gets the
answer wrong: highlights the section of reading material thas
contains the answer. Then gives the patient another opportunity to
answer the question
- The Reading Cursor
highlights one word at at time for them to make reading easier.
(see screen, to right)
400 questions and 20
different stories, ranging in length from
single paragraph to several
Stories include excerpts
- Receptive Aphasia
- Reading comprehension
- Visual scanning
- Making inferences
- Sherlock Holmes
- Little Women
- The Call of the Wild
Alice in Wonderland
- And many more...
Within each level, the stories are
arranged in increasing difficulty level.
4 difficulty levels
- Short Sentences, single paragraphs.
View a screen shot
- Longer Sentences, single paragraphs
- Longer Sentences, multiple paragraphs
- Long Sentences, multiple-page stories.
View a screen shot
“It's changing our lives ... giving Frank ... self esteem."
Easy to Use Independently
Patients use it independently thanks to special features...
Allow independent use of the program. If the user answers incorrectly, the program will highlight the portion of the story that contains the answer to the question. This helps the user learn to find pertinent portions of a passage.
- Reading Cursor
Helps the patient follow the text (excellent for those with left or right neglect). The Reading Cursor highlights one word at a time and moves forward as the user presses the right-arrow key.
- Large print (text font).
Great for those with vision difficulties. You can make the print up to several inches tall.
Deluxe & Pro Features
- Make exercises easier by showing only 2 or 3 choices (instead of 4).
- Make exercises harder by doing memory practice. Shows the story then patient answers questions based on what they remember from the story.
- Automatically track progress for one patient (in the Deluxe version) or up to 2,000 patients (in the Professional version)
- Microsoft Windows (Any version from 2000 to
present: 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7, 8, and 10 ),
- 32 MB or more memory
- About 80 MB Hard Drive
- Color screen (monitor)
- Recommended: a Sound Card (which most
computers have already. If you have speakers they are plugged into the
Download a free trial or
buy a trial CD with all the programs on this
website (over 1 million exercises).
programs or view prices on our shopping cart